Forex Market Hours - What Time Is The Forex Market Most Active
This post shows the typical Forex market opening and closing times. It also covers overlapping trading hours where market participants will find the highest volume of currency trading takes place and the associated depth of liquidity. Forex broker hours differ and you should get in touch with your broker for a detailed understanding of their actual trading times. The largest center of trading is said to be the United Kingdom, and primarily London. Estimates from various sources say that London’s share of the global Forex market turnover was around 36% in April 2010.
- London opens at 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (GMT).
- New York opens at 1:00 pm to 10:00 pm (GMT).
- Sydney opens at 10:00 pm to 7:00 am (GMT).
- Tokyo opens at midnight to 9:00 am (GMT).
Forex Market Hours Overlap
- London and New York overlap from 1:00pm to 5:00pm (GMT).
- Sydney and Tokyo overlap from midnight to 7:00 am (GMT).
- London and Tokyo overlap from 8:00am to 9:00 am (GMT).
Forex Market Hours Charts
Which Are The Most Traded Currencies
Which are the best currencies to trade?
This is not a simple question to answer and depends on the strategy adopted by the individual trader…
Nonetheless, the Triennial Survey from the Bank of International settlements in 2010 showed the most actively traded currency pairs were as follows:
In search for a combination of the most actively traded currencies and most liquid market hours many traders look to trade the aforementioned currency pairs around the London open and London/New York overlap.